We went strawberry picking yesterday! The berries are super tasty. My basket was filling up pretty slowly because most of the ones I was picking were ending up in my mouth!
This morning I sipped on a strawberry herb juice, and although I didn't feel like I needed a coffee afterwards, I had one anyway, because...well, I like coffee :)
Strawberry Herb Juice
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 1/2 cups watermelon
1 cup parsley
1 cup cilantro
1. Prepare ingredients.
2. Press all ingredients through juicer.
4. Drink :D
If you haven't noticed by now, I like simple recipes. I am definitely not going to make something if it has an ingredient list that is two pages long, and fifty different things I have to do before I can actually eat it. uhhh no, not going to happen at Reb's Place! I like healthy, gluten free, dairy free recipes that are SIM-PLE. I'm all about simplicity, especially if I'm making it first thing in the morning, like this Strawberry Oatmeal.
1 1/2 cups rice milk
1/2 cup GF steel cut oats
1/2 cup strawberries
unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Add rice milk to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add GF steel cut oats and strawberries, reduce heat to min, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Turn heat off, and let sit covered for 5-10 minutes.
|It's ready when it looks like this.|
4. Top with agave, fresh strawberries, and coconut flakes.