Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Strawberry Breakfast

We went strawberry picking yesterday! The berries are super tasty. My basket was filling up pretty slowly because most of the ones I was picking were ending up in my mouth! 


I couldn't wait to juice some :D I've used my juicer every day so far and I'm amazed at how I feel already. I don't even feel like I need a coffee after I drink my juice in the morning. This is pretty shocking. If you know me, then you know that I'm the type of person that needs her coffee in the morning.  Yes, I'm one of those.  

This morning I sipped on a strawberry herb juice, and although I didn't feel like I needed a coffee afterwards, I had one anyway, because...well, I like coffee :)

Strawberry Herb Juice


1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 1/2 cups watermelon
1 cup parsley
1 cup cilantro

Directions:

1. Prepare ingredients.
  
2. Press all ingredients through juicer.
3. Stir.
4. Drink :D 


If you haven't noticed by now, I like simple recipes. I am definitely not going to make something if it has an ingredient list that is two pages long, and fifty different things I have to do before I can actually eat it. uhhh no, not going to happen at Reb's Place! I like healthy, gluten free, dairy free recipes that are SIM-PLE. I'm all about simplicity, especially if I'm making it first thing in the morning, like this Strawberry Oatmeal.

Strawberry Oatmeal


1 1/2 cups rice milk
1/2 cup GF steel cut oats
1/2 cup strawberries

agave
fresh strawberries
unsweetened coconut flakes

Directions:

1.  Add rice milk to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add GF steel cut oats and strawberries, reduce heat to min, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Turn heat off, and let sit covered for 5-10 minutes.
It's ready when it looks like this. 
4. Top with agave, fresh strawberries, and coconut flakes. 



mmm strawberries! 


No comments:

Post a Comment