Have I convinced you yet?
I wanted to make an energy ball with carrots in them since my boy LOVES raw carrots. I love anything containing cinnamon, so my boy and I whipped these carrot spice balls up this afternoon! Actually I whipped them up, while my boy whipped coconut flakes all over the kitchen floor :S
Carrot Spice Balls
1 organic carrot
3/4 cup pecans or almonds
1/2 cup GF oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
3-4 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Process carrot and nuts in a food processor until ground.
2. Add oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice and pulse for a few seconds until it combines.
3. Add raisins, sunflower seed butter, and maple syrup. Blend until it all sticks together. If you find it's too wet, add a bit more oats.
4. Time to roll! You can do this with your hands or what I like to do is scoop it with an ice scream scoop (around a tablespoon) and gently shape ball with my palm up against it.
5. Roll balls in coconut flakes until covered.
6. Store in fridge or freezer. We like to eat them right out of the freezer :D